TO: IASBO Members
FROM: Denny Costerison
DUAB NAMES EMERGENCY MANAGER FOR MUNCIE
Pursuant to SEA 567, the Distressed Unit Appeals Board this afternoon named Administrator Assistance as the Emergency Manager for the Muncie Community Schools. There were three other applicants for the position: Muncie Superintendent Steve Baule; the Robert Bobb Group from Washington, D.C.; and Crowe Horwath. The DUAB members stressed the short timeline to move on the issues in Muncie and the experience that Administrator Assistance has regarding Indiana school funding and school business management. The DUAB will negotiate a contract with Administrator Assistance and they should begin their work soon.
The DUAB also discussed their process in determining the Emergency Manager for the Gary Community Schools. The DUAB wants to make that decision very soon.
DOE SELECTS DATES FOR DISTRICT MEETINGS
Dr. Jennifer McCormick, State Superintendent of Public Instruction, will hold a series of informational meetings beginning on August 31 of this year. Dr. McCormick will provide information and updates, and then turn the meeting over for questions, answers and discussion. The meetings will be held in the nine Indiana congressional districts. The actual locations have not been determined, but the dates are as follows:
August 31 9:00-10:30 a.m. District 9
August 31 5:00-6:30 p.m. District 6
September 5 5:00-6:30 p.m. District 4
September 6 5:00-6:30 p.m. District 8
September 7 5:00-6:30 p.m. District 7
September 12 9:00-10:30 a.m. District 1
September 12 5:00-6:30 p.m. District 2
September 13 5:00-6:30 p.m. District 3
September 19 9:00-10:30 a.m. District 5
Superintendent, school business officials, principals and school board members are invited to these meetings. IASBO will provide you the actual locations in each congressional district as soon as they have been determined.
HAMILTON SOUTHEASTERN AUCTION
Hamilton Southeastern Schools Surplus Property Auction
Location: Fishers High School, 13000 Promise Road, Fishers
Date: Saturday, July 15
Time: Auction starts at 10:00 a.m.
Items for auction include:
Classroom furniture, desks & chairs
Cafeteria lunch tables
Cabinets, carts and easels
Lots of miscellaneous furniture and other items
Please contact Janet Leamer, HSE Custodial Supervisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-594-4100 for more information or with questions.
Corporation: Randolph Central School Corporation
Randolph Central School Corporation is taking applications for Superintendent. Please visit the ISBA website at: https://isba-ind.org/job/superintendent-172/ for more information and/or to download an application.
Positions: Benefits Coordinator and Payroll Specialist
Corporation: Clark-Pleasant Community School Corporation
Closing Date: June 30, 2017
Anticipated Start Date: July 17, 2017 (flexible)
1. Data entry of employee benefit enrollment
2. Monitor employee and dependent eligibility
3. Work with treasurer in transmitting EFT Life, Long Term Disability, and HSA payments
4. Coordinate with Third Party Administrators and Consultants
5. Prepare monthly insurance billings and claims
6. Assist employees with benefit and claim issues
7. Serve as a member of the C-P Employee Insurance Committee
8. Prepare financial reports for insurance committee meetings
9. Prepare and submit all federal and state healthcare reports
10. Assist employees with FMLA leave and other leaves of absence
11. Conduct all new employee meetings regarding benefits in conjunction with Human Resource Department
12. Perform such other tasks as may be assigned by supervisors.
Closing Date: July 7, 2017
Anticipated Start Date: July 26, 2017 (flexible)
1. Responsible for processing certified staff bi-weekly payroll.
2. Serve as the Accounts Receivable contract person for school district.
3. Assists in recording details of school financial transactions in the manner prescribed by the state board of accounts, including but not limited to: payroll records, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
4. Assists in preparing deposits, withholding tax, social security and other required payroll forms.
5. Helps receptionist and provides general secretarial services as needed.
6. Responsible for IRS tax deposits, child support payments, certified days over 100 and annual salary adjustments, and TRF reporting
7. Processes certified timesheets and staff leave days, assists with classified payrolls, W-2’s, certified sick leave bank, year-end, quarter-end and month-end reconciling.
8. Responsible for completion of certified teaching, bus driver and ECA coaches contracts.
9. Pull Webstore receipts for payments.
10. Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Director of Business
Both positions are twelve month, non-administrative positions. Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and training. PERF is not available, however we offer 4% matching annuity program. Please apply online at www.cpcsc.k12.in.us
IASBO Platinum Sponsors – ICE MILLER; PERFORMANCE SERVICES; DEEM; PUBLIC TRUST ADVISORS; AMERICAN FIDELITY