TO: IASBO Members
FROM: Denny Costerison
S&P GLOBAL RATINGS CREDITWATCH RESOLVED
S&P Global Ratings issued the following statement yesterday afternoon:
“S & P Global Ratings resolved its CreditWatch by revising the outlook to stable on its ‘AA+’ ratings on Indiana school corporation debt issuances rated based on the Indiana state aid intercept statute. We placed the ‘AA+’ ratings on CreditWatch with negative implications, on Feb. 9, 2017, following identification of an error in S&P Global Ratings understanding of the workings of the intercept. The resolution of the CreditWatch and assignment of the stable outlook is based on Indiana adopting Senate Enrolled Act No. 196, which revised the state aid intercept statute.”
Indiana ASBO was happy to be part of the team that worked on HEA 196 which resolved this issue. Thanks goes out to the Governor’s Office, Office of Management and Budget, Treasurer’s Office, Auditor’s Office, State Budget Agency, Department of Education, Indiana Bond Bank, and Indiana Finance Authority for their efforts on the bill. Bradley Bingham of Barnes & Thornburg and Angie Steeno of Crowe Horwath actually wrote the language for the bill. And, of course, the legislative assistance of Senator Luke Kenley, Representative Tim Brown, and fiscal staffers David Reynolds and Ben Tooley. It was a team effort to deal with this important for Indiana’s public schools.
At last week’s Annual Meeting, many IASBO members were wearing new IASBO apparel – shirts, blouses, sweaters, etc. The IASBO Apparel Store can be found on the IASBO website (click on the IASBO Apparel tab).
INPRS AUDIT ASSISTANCE
Jennifer Goble, HR Specialist for Eastern Hancock, is asking if anyone recently has had an audit by INPRS. What should she expect and any tips? She has been in this position for less than six months and needs some advice. Please contact Jennifer at: email@example.com or 317-936-5444.
Position: Food Service Director
Corporation: Greensburg Community Schools
Greensburg Community Schools will have a position available beginning with the 2017-2018 school year.
- Current Food Safety Certification or Food Safety Certification within 30-days of hire. Certification must be renewed every 5-years per Indiana Department of Education, School and Community Nutrition requirements.
- Have a bachelor’s degree or associates degree with equivalent educational experience in food and nutrition, food service management, dietetics, family and consumer sciences, nutrition education, culinary arts, business, or a related field.
- Ability to plan and organize.
- Skills in human relations.
- Ability to communicate effectively before groups of students and parents.
- Established leader with a minimum of five years in education or related business experience.
Please Send Letter of Interest, Resume on or before, May 19, 2017 to:
Mr. Tom Hunter
Greensburg Community Schools
1312 W. Westridge Parkway
Greensburg, IN 47240
IASBO Platinum Sponsors – PERFORMANCE SERVICES; AMERICAN FIDELITY; DEEM; ICE MILLER; PUBLIC TRUST ADVISORS