IASBO HUMAN RELATIONS SEMINAR SCHEDULED FOR NOVEMBER 13
Indiana ASBO will be sponsoring the annual Human Relations Seminar on November 13 at the Primo South Banquet and Conference Center. Go to the IASBO website to register for the seminar. The agenda for November 13 is as follows:
8:30 am. Registration
9:00 a.m. Public Access Counselor Complaints / School Obligations Under the IAPRA
Emma Jay, Associate, Lewis Kappes and Andrew Manna, Partner, Church, Church, Hittle + Antrim
9:00 a.m. Educating Employees About Benefits
Amber Fisher, Director of Benefits / Insurance Administration, Evansville Vanderburgh School Corporation; Megan Garton, Indiana State Manager, American Fidelity; Monica Schermier Pritz, Health Care Consultant, American Fidelity; Bob Turner, Financial Professional, AXA Advisors, LLC Indiana
10:30 a.m. Break
10:45 a.m. Educating Employees About Benefits (cont’d.)
11:45 a.m. Lunch
12:45 p.m. Job Descriptions
Jill Britt, Director of Human Resources, Franklin Township Community School Corporation and Jon Mayes, Partner, Bose, McKinney, & Evans
1:45 p.m. RIF Guidance
Susan Traynor Chastain, Director, Lewis Kappes and Amy Matthews, Partner, Church, Church, Hittle + Antrim
2:45 p.m. Final Thoughts
3:00 p.m. Adjourn
PLAYGROUNG EQUIPMENT RFP’S
Kristin McCarty, Business Manager for the Hamilton Heights School Corporation, has the following request: If anyone has an RFP for playground equipment and willing to share please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Central Office Payroll Secretary & HR Secretary
Corporation: Whitko Community School Corporation
Qualification: Good communications skills; Confidentiality and attention to detail is a must. Proficiency in Excel, computer processing, and mathematical skills; Exhibits the ability to proactively set priorities, maintain standards, and resolve problems; Experience with Komputrol preferred.
Payroll Essential Function: Include the following and other duties may be assigned. · Makes payroll entries and processes bi-weekly payroll. · Processes all payroll tax payments on a timely basis. · Assists with the preparation of year-end tax documents. · Coordinates with Deputy Treasurer on employee deduction payments. · Assists in the preparation of Teacher/ECA/Admin Contracts.
Human Resource Related Items: · Maintain all personnel files to ensure they are HR compliant. · Processes and files applications for employment, correspondence, records and other matters as needed. · Ensures appropriate background checks are completed on all employees. · Processes new employee paperwork. · Maintain records for insurance and dental and process annually and as needed. · Operates telephone console to receive incoming messages and direct calls as appropriate. · Assist with receiving visitors at Central Office and directing visitors as appropriate. · Processes textbook rental reimbursement. · Types memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents. · Provides assistance with claims processing as needed. · Assists with telephone calls to media and staff during inclement weather conditions as needed. · Issues student work permits as needed. · Performs variety of clerical duties as requested by the Superintendent, and Business Manager.
Timeline: Job will be posted until the position is filled. Please send inquiries to Brandon.Penrod@whitko.org or email@example.com
Position: Chief Financial Officer/Executive Director of Finance
Corporation: Franklin Community School Corporation
Purpose: The Executive Director of Finance is responsible for leading and managing a comprehensive array of programs and processes within the business department. Responsible for the overall accounting functions of the school corporation. Identifies and promotes strategic program planning and development. Job duties and requirements can be found at www.franklinschools.org.
NUMBER OF DAYS PER YEAR: 260 days per year
NUMBER OF HOURS PER DAY: 8 hours per day
BENEFITS: Administrative benefit plan SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
CONTACT: Dr. David Clendening, Superintendent – firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Director of Human Resources
Corporation: Southwest Allen County Schools
Function: The Director of Human Resources plans, organizes and manages the overall Human Resources function and oversees Diversity/Inclusion strategies for the MSD of Southwest Allen County, Indiana. The individual selected for this role will have a primary responsibility for the interpretation and administration of Human Resources policies and practices in compliance with state, federal and local law. As a member of the senior management team, this function is also responsible for planning and implementing Human Resources initiatives and strategies. Other responsibilities include recruiting and staffing of all vacancies and new positions across the District, developing and directing effective employment policies and procedures including assignment, transfer, promotion and dismissal of employees, monitoring and ensuring compliance with District policies and federal, state and local laws. Review, monitor and provide strategic advice with respect to an array of salary and fringe benefit offerings. This includes assuring group fringe benefit plans such as health, dental and vision plans, are cost effective and in compliance with all laws. Utilize technology in a manner that promotes the efficiency of the Human Resource function.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, personnel management or related HR field. Minimum of 10 years of HR experience required with leadership experience preferred. Demonstrated ability to handle the HR function in a comparable sized organization Exhibit strong integrity and willingness to fulfill the District’s vision and mission. Exceptional interpersonal skills to positively engage all district employees. Ability to communicate effectively and constructively in writing and verbally with all employees. Strong managerial, organizational, analytical, decision making, problem solving, and negotiation skills. Extensive working knowledge/experience of federal and state employment laws. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Please complete a Certified Application at: https://rdsemployeeaccess.sacs.k12.in.us/rdsonlineapp/
Position: Business Office Specialist
Corporation: Brownsburg Community School Corporation
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related field preferred -Familiarity with Grants -Familiarity with banking procedures and guidelines -Strong computer / technical skills; skilled in Word and Excel -Must be efficient, detailed oriented, accurate and capable of managing multiple assignments -Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Responsibilities: -Assists CFO in monthly construction budgeting and issuance of payments and receipts -Oversee Procurement Card Program -Coordinates Federal Grant filings -Assists the CFO in the procurement of fuel for the district -Oversees textbook rental collection -Assists CFO in procurement of furniture for the district -Coordinates Joint Program billing procedures -Assists CFO in publication of bond notifications and filings
Starting Date: Immediately
Other Information: Full benefit package $45,000-$50,000 salary range
Contact: Submit online application at: www.brownsburg.k12.in.us (Click on Employment, select Support Staff application)
Position: Treasurer/Benefits Manager
Corporation: Covered Bridge Special Education District
Covered Bridge Special Education District is accepting resumes for a Treasurer / Benefits Manager until November 2, 2018. This position will begin on or before November 26, 2018. Please submit resume to Dr. Susan Cobb at Smb4@vigoschools.org
Corporation: Brownstown Central Community School Corporation
Professional Qualifications and Selection Criteria:
• Central office experience preferred/superintendent experience preferred.
• Building level experience required.
• Effective skills in communication, team building, multi-tasking, collaboration and marketing.
• Approachable leader with demonstrated ability to motivate highly qualified personnel.
• Working knowledge of successful program evaluation, school finance, school law, collective bargaining, and selection and retention of staff.
• Possess the highest personal standards, good morals, ethics, honesty and integrity.
Questions about the superintendent search may be directed to: Melissa Hogan, Brownstown Central Community School Corporation, 608 West Commerce Street, Brownstown, IN 47220-1205; 812-358-4271; email@example.com
Corporation: Southeast Dubois County School Corporation
Completed applications should be sent to: Superintendent Search Committee Attn: Kent Uebelhor, Chr. 2005 Vienna Drive Ferdinand, IN 47532
1. Application forms may be obtained from the placement offices of the four state universities.
2. An application may be obtained by downloading from the website, www.sedubois.k12.in.us.
3. To be considered, a completed application must be received no later than January 15, 2019.
4. All applicants are expected to provide; - A letter of intent - Current resume and support materials - Completed application form - Copy of valid Indiana Superintendent’s license - College or university placement credentials 5.
The school board will review all applications. Applicants to be interviewed will be contacted. 6. The selection process should be completed by April 6, 2019 and the new superintendent will assume duties Ju1y 1, 2019.
Qualifications for Applicants
• Effective skills in public relations and communications, including working with news media
• Experience in and working knowledge of business management, including school finance, budgeting and collective bargaining
• Specific strengths in curriculum development and evaluation
• Demonstrated success in staff development and personnel management
• Experience in program and staff evaluation
• The ability to define, develop, and implement educational goals and objectives
• The highest moral, professional, and ethical standards
• Experience in public school education, possibly including classroom teaching, service as a building administrator, in a central office position, or as a Superintendent
Position: Principal – Avon Intermediate School West
Corporation: Avon Community School Corporation
Minimum Qualifications and Credentials Required:
1. Educational: Must hold Indiana Administrative and Supervision license for elementary or intermediate school Principal.
2. Skills and Knowledge: Possesses leadership qualities, high intelligence and scholarship; aspires to improve as a professional educator; has a sense of humor; works effectively with others; has good health and stamina; budgets time effectively; has ability to communicate well, both verbally and written; has good judgment and ability to function under stress and pressure; has good broad knowledge of the whole elementary program; has ability to delegate and organize; has ability to listen.
3. Experience: A minimum of five years of teaching experience. At least three years of experience in administrative or other supervising capacity is recommended. Preference will be given for candidates with experience in an intermediate school setting.
SALARY RANGE: $93,000 - $124,697 Commensurate with Experience
BEGINNING DATE: To be discussed
PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATION ONLINE TO: www.avon-schools.org