Upcoming IASBO Professional Development Opportunities
Monday, September 16, 2019
IASBO UPCOMING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES
The following Indiana ASBO professional development events will be in the next two weeks. All of these meetings will be held at the Primo Banquet Hall and Conference Center in Indianapolis. The full agendas and registration materials can be found on the IASBO website.
IASBO Facilities Conference & Expo
- Environmental Testing Concerns, Strategies & Requirements
- School Safety and the PASS Program
- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design
- Inviting Quotes on Smaller Dollar Public Works Projects
- Custodial Staffing: Recruiting, Training, & Retention
- Floor Care
- Why Schools Should Have a Certified Pool Instructor
- Getting Smart About Building Network Convergence
- School Safety – A Roundtable Discussion
The Expo will have over 20 vendors to provide information on products and services. The booths include the following companies:
Alliance Environmental Group, Inc.
BAY Advisors LLC
BELFOR Property Restoration
Benefits 7 Inc.
CORE Construction Indiana
EARTH LABORATORIES, INC.
Electronic Systems Group
GMB Architecture + Engineering
Keystone Architecture, Inc.
Patcraft Commercial Flooring
Precision Control Systems
Skillman Corporation, The
Software Systems, Inc.
The Garland Company, Inc.
The Motz Group
Willdan, Contractor for Duke Energy
Autumn Academy – Certification Courses
- Fund Accounting/Budget Cycle/Audits (A110)
- School Law & Administrative Rules - Basics (ADM111)
Autumn Academy – Certification Course
- Cash Management & Financial Oversight (B111)
Position: HR/Payroll Specialist
Corporation: CSC of Eastern Hancock County
260-days per year with benefits
Posting: Open until filled
Start date: 11/4/19
Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Strong working knowledge of Google Drive and Microsoft Office Suite
- Preferred knowledge of Skyward Financial software
- Preferred minimum of 2 years of experience processing payroll & working knowledge of basic employment laws preferred
Complete job details and application info here: https://www.easternhancock.org/Employment/112
Contact: David Pfaff, Superintendent – 317-936-5444
Position: Executive Director
Corporation: Central Indiana Educational Service Center
Calendar Length: Full Time, 260 days Salary Range: Commensurate with experience and education
Benefits: Competitive Benefits Package including Indiana State Teachers’ Retirement Fund (TRF) or Indiana Public Employees’ Retirement Fund (PERF), 403 (B) plan available
Position Timeline: Full Time Status starts January 2, 2020. Selected candidate must be willing to work with previous Executive Director no more than 8 work days between November 7 – December 6, 2019.
The Executive Director is the chief executive officer with authority to manage and direct the affairs of CIESC under the statutory provisions of the state and the policies and regulations established by the Governing Board (Board). It is the duty of the Executive Director to administer the policies of the Board and provide leadership for CIESC. The Executive Director is the professional consultant to the Board and submits recommendations regarding the operation of CIESC to the Board for consideration. The Executive Director coordinates the functions of CIESC and its personnel, makes decisions regarding functions and actions of CIESC, apprises the progress of CIESC and work of its personnel, serves as an innovator and resource person for the improvement of the program, and sets an image for CIESC as an educational leader. The delegation of responsibility and authority for the operation of CIESC is one of the Executive Director’s prime duties. The direct responsibility to the Board for all functions of CIESC rests with the Executive Director.
· Advanced Degree (e.g. Ph.D., Ed.S., Ed.D., MBA)
· Educational Administration experience preferred
· Background in curriculum, professional development, or school budgeting and accounting preferred
Interested candidates should apply the link below by September 20, 2019