General Assembly Activities
Tuesday, February 11, 2020
GENERAL ASSEMBLY ACTIVITIES
Wednesday, February 12
House Education Committee – 8:30 am – House Chamber
SB 266 Teacher training
SB 223 Free Application for Federal Student Aid requirements
Senate Insurance & Financial Institutions Committee – 1:00 pm – Room 233
HB 1372 Various insurance matters
Senate Education Committee – 1:30 pm – Senate Chamber
HB 1003 Education matters
HB 1066 Various education matters
HB 1091 Education benefits relating to military service
House Ways & Means Committee – 1:30 pm – Room 404
SB 190 Controlled projects
HB 1372, Various Insurance Matters
This bill was brought to the attention of IASBO by Jim Hamilton of Bose McKinney & Evans. The bill was not on the radar of IASBO or the other educational associations at the start of the session. It was amended in the House committee to make changes to the self-insurance pooling statute. It makes significant changes to the present statute by redirecting how pooling will be implemented. Several insurance experts, ISBA and IASBO are opposing the bill.
Position: Assistant Director of Facilities & Transportation
Corporation: Carmel Clay Schools
The Assistant Director of Facilities and Transportation is directly responsible to the Director of Facilities and Transportation. The primary responsibility is to lead, plan, organize and direct the Transportation management activities of the Carmel Clay School Corporation in the following functional area of responsibility: recruitment, hiring, supervision, transportation and student safety, routing, assignment of drivers, communication, planning, employee relations and oversite of the Transportation department.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a school or district transportation leader or equivalent
- Experience using school transportation routing and fleet management software; VersaTrans preferred.
- Experience in effectively evaluating bus drivers and transportation support staff
- Demonstrated success in working in concert with building administrators
- Knowledge of school transportation laws/compliance
- Higher order relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills and experience in communicating through multiple channels
- Experience facilitating professional development opportunities related to transportation
- Engaging presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with other professionals and staff
- Strong work ethic
- Expertise in problem solving skills
- Willingness to involve others in decision making
- Must pass pre-employment criminal history check
Corporation: Oak Hill United School Corporation
Applications will be accepted through March 9, 2020. All applicants must meet the State of Indiana requirements to be a Superintendent of Schools.
The School Board will screen applications through March 11, 2020.
First round interviews will be held beginning March 11, 2020. Second round interviews will be held beginning April 13, 2020.
The Board plans to conduct a contract hearing by May 18, 2020.
Start Date: July 1, 2020
Application is available at the Oak Hill United School Corporation website at: www.ohusc.k12.in.us or the Administrator Assistance website at: www.administratorassistance.com.
- Completed application
- Cover letter
- Copy of transcripts
- Copy of Indiana Superintendent License
Applications should be submitted to:
Oak Hill United School Corporation
Thomas Austin, Administrator Assistance
1201 Cedar Court
Elwood, Indiana 46036