IASBO Treasurer Nominations
Tuesday, February 11, 2020
IASBO TREASURER NOMINATIONS
Indiana ASBO is accepting nominations for the position of IASBO Treasurer. This is an officer position on the IASBO Board of Directors, and is a five-year commitment. IASBO members may nominate another member or you can nominate yourself. Kevin Scott, IASBO Past President is the Chair of the Nominating Committee, and nominations should be sent to him no later than February 25. Kevin’s email address is: email@example.com. If you have questions on the Treasurer position, please contact Kevin or Denny Costerison.
Position: Benefits Specialist
Corporation: Portage Township Schools
The Benefits Specialist is responsible for ensuring the effective, thorough and timely administration of all employee benefits for Portage Township School Corporation.
The Benefits Specialist is responsible for assisting with the administration of all benefits and retirement programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and various retirement plans.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Serves as subject matter expert with regard to detail of benefit plans administered including but not limited to health, dental, vision, life, HSA, and supplemental plans.
· Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollment and provide all vendors with accurate eligibility information. Distributes all benefits enrollment materials and in collaboration with the Director of HR determine eligibility.
· Assist employees and their dependents with questions related to benefit plans.
· Assist HR Director with various duties, projects, and initiatives.
· Working with insurance brokers and benefits carriers
· Working with Workers Compensation carriers.
· Preparing deduction/contribution reports for each payroll.
· Reviewing and assuring compliance with State and Federal Statutes as it effects employee benefits.
· Overseeing and reconciling all benefits plans.
· Any and all other duties as assigned.
· Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in business, employee benefits, human resources or related area; and three years’ relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Demonstrated ability to impart knowledge of benefits to participant.
· Above average computer skills including excel.
· Experience with Unions preferred.
· Organizational skills are critical. This description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Qualified applicants should apply online at www.portage.k12.in.us or send your resume to Sally Clark, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org