INDIANA ASBO’S 2020 ANNUAL MEETING
Wednesday, March 25, 2020
INDIANA ASBO’S 2020 ANNUAL MEETING
With the COVID-19 crisis, Governor Holcomb’s executive orders, and the unknown of how long this situation will last, Indiana ASBO will be postponing the May 6-8 dates for the IASBO 2020 Annual Meeting. The safety of our members, business sponsors and partners, presenters and guests is paramount in this decision. These are challenging times for all of us, and the association will always do what is best for the members.
This was not an easy decision, but the IASBO Board of Directors and staff were committed to rescheduling the Annual Meeting for this year. We have been in negotiations with the French Lick Hotel for the past week, and today I received a new contract. The 2020 Annual Meeting will now be held on November 8-10. That is a Sunday to Tuesday format. With the size of our conference, these were the only available dates that would accommodate all of our meeting space and hotel room needs. French Lick has been extremely cooperative during this process, and I cannot thank them enough for their efforts. Now for the details of the rescheduling:
If you have reserved rooms for the May event in the IASBO block, there will be no charge to cancel. You will not have to contact the hotel about your rooms. When French Lick cancels the Annual Meeting, they will also cancel all guests rooms in the IASBO block. If you are staying in another hotel, you will need to contact that hotel to cancel your room for May.
All housing arrangements and reservations will be made by calling the Resort directly at 888-936-9360 using the group code 1120IAS. FYI, rooms for Saturday, November 7 will be very limited. The West Baden Hotel is holding a private event that night and there are no rooms available. Further, the French Lick Hotel will have very limited rooms. IASBO is recommending that you reserve rooms for Sunday, November 8 and Monday, November 9 and drive to French Lick on Sunday. There will be no professional development activities on Sunday, and the meeting will begin with the Opening Mixer at 5:30 pm.
The Sunday-Tuesday format, would work as follows:
- Sunday, November 8 – 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm - Members will arrive and pick-up their badges and bags for the Annual Meeting. Exhibitors will arrive to set up their booths and register. The Annual Mixer will be held from 5:30-7:00 pm.. Any firms who want to have dinners for the members can schedule them for Sunday night.
- Monday, November 9 – This day will be scheduled just like the normal Thursday for the Annual Meeting. Breakfast; Registration; Opening Session with keynote speaker; Treasurer/Deputy Treasurer Round Tables; Exhibits open at normal time; Lunch; Afternoon Clinic Sessions; Awards Banquet; and After Party with the band.
- Tuesday, November 10 – This day will be scheduled just like the normal Friday for the Annual Meeting. Breakfast; Clinic Sessions; Think Tank Sessions; Lunch; Adjournment.
- The rescheduled Annual Meeting agenda with exact times is being developed and will be distributed soon.
Some changes because of the new dates:
- No golf outing.
- No pre-conference workshops. We will hold the Long-Range Financial Planning and Investing in our Employees: The Key Roles of Benefits & Payroll pre-conference workshops as a seminar at Primo in September or October. If you are registered for these, your registration will be transferred to the new event at Primo. We will not hold the pre-conference workshop that was going to be presented by Jones Loflin. If you are registered for this, you will receive an email with more information in the next few days.
- The clinic session schedule will be adjusted and we will attempt to have the SBOA, DLGF and DOE presenting at a designated time.
The fees for the Annual Meeting will not change. All meals will not change. If you have registered for the May Annual Meeting, you will continue to be registered for November. You will not need to register again. IASBO will be providing additional information regarding the fees that have been paid for the cancelled Jones Loflin pre-conference workshop in the next few days.
IASBO will be contacting our exhibitors regarding the date changes and their registration process.
The IASBO Board of Directors and staff felt it was very important to reschedule the Annual Meeting to provide the opportunity for professional development and networking. Please contact Ella or myself if you have any questions regarding the rescheduling of the Annual Meeting. Thank you for all of your efforts during this challenging time, and please be safe.